Unit of Study:
Looking at the Major Causes of WWII
- review World War I and the rise of totalitarianism in Europe following WWI
- describe the spread of Chinese Communism after World War II
- explain the factors that contributed to this political and social change in China around WWII
- analyze the major causes of World War II.
AZ Unit Standards:
- 6-8.SL.1 Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade level topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
- S2.C8.PO 1. Review the rise of totalitarianism in Europe following World War I.
- S2.C8.PO 9. Describe the spread of Communism after World War II:
- a. China – Mao Tse-tung and Chinese Revolution (For now we are focusing on China)
- S4.C2.PO 2. Explain the factors that contribute to political and social change in various world regions (e.g., USSR/Russia, Israel, European Union, China, Korea, Germany). (For right now we are focusing on China’s factors in the mid 1900’s)
- S2.C8.PO 2. Analyze the major causes of World War II:
a. aggressive search for resources by Japan
b. political ideologies of Fascism and Nazism
c. resentment toward the Treaty of Versailles
Please enrol to see all lectures, tasks and discussions.