"Still Under Construction" ...but I am almost done - Ms. Conley
And now for the war that inspired all good war movies: World War II. In this unit, you'll get the deets on the Pacific theater, the European theater, and everything in between.
By the end of this unit, you should be able to
- explain how the U.S. got involved in World War II.
- identify America's overall strategy for World War II as represented in individual battles.
- connect the economic benefits on the home front to the increase in opportunities for women and African-Americans.
- examine the segregation of the military and how that affected the achievements of the American Special Forces.
- recognize the forces at work in the incarceration of Japanese-Americans and Americans of German, Italian, and Eastern European descent.
- describe the causes and effects of America's decision to use the atomic bomb on Japan.
- explain the racially fueled propaganda depicted in political cartoons and the effects they may have had at the time as well as those that linger in modern day America.