Student Level: Beginners
Grade Level: 4th grade
Total number of days: 9
Topic of Unit: Parts of Speech
Overall Goal: To familiarize students with parts of speech so they can construct and write sentences. This is to prepare them to take part in a play and write a skit.
- Objective 1: Students will be able to define the different parts of speech.
- Objective 2: Students will be able to identify the different parts of speech in sentences and phrases.
- Objective 3: Students will be able to apply the different parts of speech when constructing sentences and phrases.
- Objective 4: Students will learn the rules and correct usage of the different parts of speech.
Materials & Resources:
- Students will receive worksheet handouts where they will identify and circle the parts of speech in sentences.
- Students will also receive an answer sheet to verify their answers.
- I will need a white board, markers, projector, and bulletin boards.
- The students will be seated in pairs.
- Students will be assessed through class handouts. homework, and quizzes.
- Students will be required to do a skit at the end of the unit and will be assessed according to the rubric.