Cherish your dreams, as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.
Time management training most often begins with setting goals. These goals are recorded and may be broken down into a project, an action plan, or a simple task list. Activities are then rated based on urgency and importance, priorities assigned, and deadlines set. This process results in a plan with a task list or calendar of activities. Routine and recurring tasks are often given less focus to free time to work on tasks that contribute to important goals.
This entire process is supported by a skill set that should include personal motivation, delegation skills, organization tools, and crisis management. We’ll cover all this and more during this workshop.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
· Plan and prioritize each day’s activities in a more efficient, productive manner
· Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
· Handle crises effectively and quickly
· Organize your workspace and workflow to make better use of time
· Delegate more efficiently
· Use rituals to make your life run smoother
Plan meetings more appropriately and effectively
The purpose of the Pre-Course Assignment is to get participants thinking about the time management strategies they are already using and where they need to improve.
We asked participants:
· What are your biggest time wasters?
· What are you currently doing to manage your time?
· What could you be doing better?
· If you came away from this workshop with only one thing, what would that be?