At the end of this unit, the participant will be able to translate the following paragraph to Spanish without using nothing but his Spanish skills:
"Hi! I'm Ana and she is Andrea. We are from la Calle Ocho. What's your name? Are you from United States? Do you like to walk? What do you like to eat? Do you like fries?. I don't like to walk, but I do like to eat!"
This will be a demonstration of knowledge in the following areas:
- Cultures: Discover interesting facts about the Hispanic community in Estados Unidos.
- Communication: subject pronouns (singular and plural)
- Communities: tell where someone is from using subject pronouns and the preposition "de"
- Comparisons: teens activities in Miami and teens activities in your area
- Connections: talk about snack food (fries, drinks, etc.) and articles (the= el, la, los, las)
- Connections: talk about activities and snack food you like and don’t like using “gustar”
- Communication: write about what you like and don’t like to do and to eat.
- Communication: Use subject pronouns and verbs ser and estar (to be) when writing paragraphs.
- Participation: Recycle weather expressions, numbers, colors, Spanish speaking countries, ABC's, classroom instructions, days of the week and 21st century skills.