- Hours of interactive online classes
- Comprehensive course material with more than 30 Audio/video files
- Instructed by instructor with over 16 years of experience
About the Course
Language of Instruction: English
Ever wanted to work as part of a Cabin Crew? Make sure that you’re prepared by mastering English used in training and on the job!
The English for Cabin Crew online course improves your skills in listening comprehension, vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and confidence in English language used by flight attendants.
These hours of interactive online classes enable you to be prepared to participate in cabin crew training and to communicate confidently as a member of cabin crew for any airline.
By the end of this online course you will:
- Gain competence and confidence in communicating with crew members in all aspects of a flight
- Deal with a variety of passengers and handle difficult situations confidently
The course is conducted in American English, but learning materials present a variety of accents in English, training you for a multi-cultural international experience.
This online course equips you with English for the following aspects of cabin crew experience:
- Pre-flight briefing
- Aircraft features
- Greeting passengers
- Boarding and loading
- Solving seat problems
- Meal service
- Managing duty-free sales
- Attending to sick passengers
- Safety equipment
- Emergency procedures
- Preparations for landing
The course package:
- LIVE interactive online classes
- Course timings: Weekdays between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM (EDT) and weekends between 7:00 AM and 10:00 AM (EDT)**
- Course starts within a week of enrolling or your money is refunded back
- Courseware: 30 Audio/Video files
- One Boeing 737 Flight Attendant Manual
- Note : A book is recommended as part of the course.
** Time will be discussed later
English for Cabin Crew online course outline:
The following topics will be covered in this course in Live interactive classes:
- Cabin crew responsibilities Describing other crew members and personnel
- Pre-flight briefing Aircraft features
- Greeting passengers Boarding and loading Solving seating problems
- Meal services On board duty-free sales Classes of service
- Health issues Remedies Attending to sick passengers
- Safety equipment Emergency procedures Air rage
- Preparation for landing Checking the cabin
About the course instructor:
Jeremy has 16 years of experience teaching English and 10 years teaching aviation English to flight crew members at major airlines, including Etihad Airways and Emirates Airline. He has taught professionals from many companies worldwide to communicate more confidently in English.
- B.A. in German, Florida State University, 1991
- B.S. in Marketing, University of West Florida, 1982
He lives in Philadelphia, USA.