The course features an integrated coverage of the impact of globalization on retailing practice. Total discussions about retailing as a channel of distribution with many rapid changes are presented together with new approaches. Topics covered include the explosion in information technology, which has changed the way retailing is practiced. New concepts that are important to understanding today’s retail environment are discussed.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
1. Apply desirable retailing activities that benefit customers, manufactures, and wholesales as economical and effective.
2. Utilize the basic dimensions of retail strategies and apply and harness various tactics that could be available for retailing to achieve strategic positioning.
3. Operate activities in relation of customer satisfaction and consumer behavior through basis of the importance of retailing.
4. Employ the different techniques and criteria used in site selection for retailing.
5. Handle financial, sales and merchandise inventory records in retailing process.
6. Maximize the retail communication process with knowledge, concepts, and principles of marketing.
Part 1: PRELIM PERIOD
OVERVIEW ON RETAILING MANAGEMENT
Part 2: MIDTERM PERIOD
Part 3: FINAL PERIOD
STORE MANAGEMENT IN RETAILING