Raising our Children Together in Our Catholic Faith:
A Partnership of Families and Church
Thank you so much for joining us! This course is for every parent in our parish who is raising a child in the Catholic faith tradition, and catechists and volunteers who respond to the call to help hand on the faith. It is meant to be an enriching, supportive experience which will provide you with some general knowledge about Catholic Religious Education. Over the next four weeks, we will explore why the Catholic Church offers formal Religious Education, including what we teach and why, what you as a parent can do to encourage and support your child, how you can grow in your own faith and spiritual life, and how you can bring Catholic tradition into your home. In our first week, we will answer one of the most frequently asked question about Religious Education: What does CCD stand for? From there, we will look at where CCD came from, and where it is now.
Each week there will be opportunities to interact with other parents taking the course, which will allow you to share experiences, ideas and insights with one another. Undoubtedly, each of you will bring something unique to this course which will benefit the other participants, so please jump right in!
We hope the next four weeks will prove to be beneficial to you as a parent and as a Catholic, and we are grateful for the special interest you have taken in your child’s education in our faith.
Here is some general information before we begin...
What can I expect from this course?
By the end of this course, participants will...
* Understand the nature and purpose of Catholic religious education
* Learn what the Church teaches in religious education programs
* Discover ways to enhance and enrich their own personal spirituality
* Discover ways to integrate faith into family life in meaningful and practical ways
(Each week has learning "goals" specific to the topic - these will be posted after each week's introduction.)
How does it work?
Each week is centered on a different topic; you will see the topics listed on the left side of your screen. When you click on the week's topic, you will see:
- An Introduction to the topic
- What you can expect to learn - These are learning "goals" for each week.
- A short lecture to be read - Each lecture contains links meant to enhance and enrich your learning experience.
- "Not to be missed" readings - These are essential to understanding the week's topic.
- Supplemental readings - There is one each week, which you may choose to read if you'd like.
- An optional independent activity - This is something you can choose to do if you would like to learn a little more.
- Discussion - You will find each week's discussion by clicking the 'Discussions' tab at the top of the screen.
*We also have a 'Catholic Q & A' discussion that will be open throughout the four weeks. This is a place where you are welcomed to ask any and all questions you might have about the faith; questions do not have to be related to our topics.
What will be expected of me?
THERE ARE NO TESTS! :) Participants will be expected to read our short online lectures and related links each week, as well as participate in our weekly discussion. The discussions will take place in a threaded format, which just means that you can join in the conversation and post when it is convenient for you (as opposed to a "live" conversation at a set time). This is an enrichment course, and you will find that your active participation will enhance both your learning and the learning of others in the course.
What if I have technical difficulties?
Our course is designed to be user-friendly, but as we all know, even the most tech-savvy person can run into a glitch or two! If you experience a problem, please contact me at email@example.com and I will look into the issue and respond (or even better resolve) as soon as possible.
Let's start by getting to know a little bit about one another! Click 'Discussions' at the top of the screen, then 'Intros/General Forum' on the left side of the screen, and follow the instructions.
When you finish this, you are ready to begin the first week's lesson - to start, click "From CCD to Religious Education: Teaching Children the Catholic Faith" on the top left side of your screen.
|প্রশিক্ষণ - "তথ্য অধিকার আইন ২০০৯”|
|প্রশিক্ষণ - "তথ্য অধিকার আইন ২০০৯”|