This Online A-Level Maths and Course enables students to:
- Develop their understanding of mathematics and mathematical processes in a way that promotes confidence and fosters enjoyment;
- Develop abilities to reason logically and to recognise incorrect reasoning, to generalise and to construct mathematical proofs;
- Extend their range of mathematical skills and techniques and use them in more difficult unstructured problems;
- Develop an understanding of coherence and progression in mathematics and of how different areas of mathematics can be connected;
- Recognise how a situation may be represented mathematically and understand the relationship between ‘real world’ problems and standard and other mathematical models and how these can be refined and improved;
- Use mathematics as an effective means of communication;
- Read and comprehend mathematical arguments and articles concerning applications of mathematics;
- Acquire the skills needed to use technology such as calculators and computers effectively, to recognise when such use may be inappropriate and to be aware of limitations;
- Develop an awareness of the relevance of mathematics to other fields of study, to the world of work and to society in general;
- Take increasing responsibility for their own learning and the evaluation of their own mathematical development.
Please enrol to see all lectures, tasks and discussions.