About this course
Want to learn how to analyze real-world medical data, but unsure where to begin? This Applied Biostatistics course provides an introduction to important topics in medical statistical concepts and reasoning. Each topic will be introduced with examples from published clinical research papers. This course also represents an introduction to basic epidemiological concepts covering study designs and sample size computation.
What you'll learn
- Important topics in medical statistical concepts and reasoning
- Epidemiological Study Designs
- The What, Why, and How of Biostatistics in Medical Research.
- Sampling from Populations.
- Graphics and Summary Statistics.
- Normal Distribution and Related Properties.
- Estimating Means and Proportions.
- Hypothesis Testing.
- Correlation, Regression, and Logistic Regression.
- Contingency Tables.
- Nonparametric Methods.
- Survival Analysis.
- THE Chi-square distribution and the analysis of frequencies.