2 Week Post-Workshop Course Work: Sunday, February 14 – Friday, February, 26, 2016
ONLINE COURSE WORK:
- You will be developing a teaching unit containing five activities from project guides you received during the face-to-face workshop. For your teaching unit you may choose to create five individual lesson plans, one for each of your activities, or you may create one overall lesson plan that incorporates all five activities.
- For your teaching unit you may use your existing lesson/program plan template or you may use the 5 E Lesson Planning Worksheet (posted in the resources section).
- Develop your teaching unit integrating environmental and conservation education, and other workshop ideas into your professional work. Include a statement of goals and objectives for teaching environmental and conservation education in your classroom. Include at least 5 activities from any of the following activity guides Project WET, Project Learning Tree, Project WILD, Project WILD Aquatic, Project Learning Tree's Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood, Project Learning Tree Secondary Modules, and Growing Up WILD (citing sources for each activity), with discussion on how these activities will be used in your classroom/program. Include opportunities for integration across the curriculum and using the out of doors as a classroom whenever possible. If applicable to your curriculum planning: Include correlations to state core curricular standards in Reading/Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies; Describe assessment that is compatible with the problem solving, critical thinking approaches used in the unit; and Cite additional sources of information, resources, and literature that could be incorporated into the unit.
- ASSIGNMENT: Upload the teaching unit (in a Microsoft Word or PDF document format) into the tasks section of this online course by February 26 and share with the other course participants a brief description of why you chose the five activities that you did. Also email your teaching unit (in a Microsoft Word or PDF document format) directly to Ashlyn Kite-Hartwich at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26.
- If Feasible: Use the teaching unit in your classroom/program and share on the online course about how it went, student participation, and post any pictures or student worksheets.