The aim of this course is to introduce the most common mathematical and numerical methods and tools that are used for solving engineering problems.
- Graphical presentations of measured data
- Basic mathematical models
- Functions and simple algorithms
- Recursion and difference equations
- Modeling dynamic systems
- Interpretation of presented data
Basic engineering mathematics (TI00AA04) and Introduction to Calculus (TI00AA05) or similar courses completed:
- Can solve basic algebraic problems,
- Knows the most commong engineering functions, and
- Is able to differentiate and integrate
- Guttag, J. (2013). Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python. MIT Press.
- Giorgano, F. et al. (2003). A First Course in Mathematical Modeling.
The software package used in the exercises can be downloaded freely from http://continuum.io/downloads