The Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA) is a Canadian not-for-profit association representing all aspects of the market intelligence and survey research industry, including social research, competitive intelligence, data mining, insight, and knowledge management. Members include over 1,800 practitioners, small to large research houses, and the many buyers of research services, such as financial institutions, major retailers, insurance companies and manufacturers. The industry accounts for almost three quarters of a billion dollars in market research activities annually.
MRIA's mission is to promote a positive environment that enhances the industry's ability to conduct affairs effectively and to the benefit of the public and members. The MRIA achieves this mission through:
- the development and delivery of world-class professional standards;
- the promotion of the industry as a forum for Canadians to provide their attitudes and opinions into the decisions that affect them;
- the advocacy of public policy that balances the need for research services and privacy and consumer rights;
- the continuous advancement of industry practices through education and accreditation; and
- the on-going development and delivery of value added products and services to members.
Success in achieving this mission is measured by the quality of the relationship that our industry enjoys with Canadians. It is for this reason that privacy and consumer rights are core drivers for the continued professional development and education we insist on for our individual members, the high quality standards we demand from our corporate members, and the strict measures we maintain as leaders in corporate responsibility.