In this telecollaborative exchange, students will work with their international partners on compiling a list of everyday issues that could make life hard for them when working or studying abroad. Students will have experience in conducting interviews online and in agreeing on the common points of their findings. They will have to create a list together of Dos and Dont’s of behaviour when staying abroad.
- Language competence: speaking, listening, reading and writing skills; making interviews, analysing data,
- Intercultural skills: realizing differences in everyday routines, understanding and accepting potential sources of cultural shock, and the existence of cultural shock, collecting facts about different cultures.
- Online communication skills: using IT (Skype, e-mail, Google Hangout, etc.)
At the end of this activity students will be able to
- notice and understand cultural differences in everyday routines
- analyse and arrange information according to certain guidelines
- collect information and knowledge about a culture other than theirs
- prepare a Dos and Don’ts list on cultural issues and
- negotiate common content in an intercultural/transnational context
- make an individual presentation based on a telecollaborative task
Lingua Franca – English for all partners
Recommended Online Tools
Each Telecollaborative Activity may include a combination of different online tools. The tools recommended for this telecollaboration are:
- Google Hangout