After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of haemostatic resuscitation when treating casualties with massive blood loss.
- Understand the benefits for each of the different blood products available for resuscitation.
- Define haemorrhagic shock and its causes.
- Understand the role of haemostatic resuscitation within Damage Control Resuscitation.
- Identify casualties requiring haemostatic resuscitation.
- Understand the role of Tranexamic Acid.
- Understand the limitations of crystalloid resuscitaiton.
- Understand end point of haemostatic resuscitation.
- Understand that there are potential complications of blood transfusion.
Please enrol to see all lectures, tasks and discussions.