How to Use Eliademy
The Navigation Bar at the left of this page provides you with important documents, such as the course syllabus and a glossary of terms from each curriculum topic. Selecting any listing from the Navigation Bar will automatically take you to that specific item.
The Weekly Courses provide you with everything covered during a given week for this course. The following tabs are found inside the Weekly Courses:
- The Content tab provides an outline for everything covered that week in the course. Hyperlinks, videos, links, PDF files, and PowerPoint (PPT) slides are provided throughout the outline and/or at the bottom of the Content page for that week.
- The Tasks tab provides a summary of all assignments and postings to the Discussion Forum.
- Some assignments are turned in as homework while other assignments are to be graded online either as postings to the Discussion Forum or quizzes.
- Due dates are given in the Tasks tab and are automatically added to your Eliademy calendar found at the top of any page (near the Eliademy logo). Note: Most due dates are one week from the class date.
- The bottom of the Tasks tab for a given week includes the files and notes for that week. These same resources can also be found on the Content tab for the given week.
- The Discussion tab, or Discussion Forum, serves as an online classroom for ongoing conversations, as well as for homework postings.
- Students who miss a class are asked to post comments to the Discussion Forum for the missed class. Be sure to pay attention to the posting for a given week and activity to make sure you are responding to the correct forum.
- Feel free to create your own forum conversation, so long as it pertains to the course. You may continue the dialogue by adding or responding to a classmate's post, too.
- The Participants tab shows you a list of people in your class and provides you with a means of *emailing them directly.
- *Each participant in the course may choose to show his/her email address or hide it from the class. This option can be found in the student's profile settings.
The Eliademy Calendar at the top of each screen allows you to see the assignments and due dates for each without having to look inside each week's content. Simply click on the assignment for a given date to quickly know what is due and when.
This course emphasizes the application of basic mathematical skills used in the solution of occupational and technical problems. Topics include fractions, decimals, percents, ratios and proportions, measurement and conversion, formula manipulation, technical applications and basic statistics. This course emphasizes the application of basic mathematical skills used in preparation for the Advanced Mathematical Reasoning course and the General Education Development (GED) credential.
Primary source for lessons and activities: EMPower Math Series