There is traditional financing, and then there is financing specifically for the energy efficient home upgrade industry. Most of our homeowners choose to finance their projects through special financing:
1) The financing programs provide consumer protection
- The homeowner has peace of mind because these programs have a "fair price audit check" to make sure contractors are not ridicuously overcharging homeowners
- The homeowner has peace of mind that the products installed in their homes are qualified as meeting or exceeding Energy Star Certification standards
- The programs provide the homeowner the opportunity to be completely in control in the sense that the contractor will not be paid unless and until the homeowner is 100% satisfied with the project and signs off on the "completion form"
2) The programs offer low interest rates
3) The programs offer a tax incentive to homeowners as long as they have a "tax appetite"
4) The programs offer an easy approach "portal" to help sales reps present the financial information to homeowners