During this course you will go through each of the steps you will need to go through in order to make a memorial video using Funeral One's life tribute software. There are many steps so each step will be taught through videos, projects and instruction.
The following is the process you would follow when at a funeral home.
We will be focusing on STEP #3
1. Request Photos- Ask the client family to bring 25 to 40 photos of their loved one to the arrangement meeting. Be sure to mention this during your initial discussion so they can best prepare a wonderful group of photographs. Request that they include photos throughout the person’s entire lifetime and ask them to put the photographs in chronological order.
****Note: If they ask why, tell them that you’d like to do “something special” for their family. Do not mention you’re making a tribute video – it’s a wonderful surprise!
2. Gather Photos- Collect the photographs from the family when they arrive for the arrangement meeting. If they did not remember to bring photographs, remind them again and reinforce that your firm would like to do “something very special” for their family. It may be helpful to ask for a main point of contact within the family that would like to volunteer to complete this task!
3. Create Tribute Video- Ideally, have someone at your firm scan the photos and create the tribute while the arrangement meeting is taking place.
4. Present Tribute Video- When the video is complete, let the family know that you would like to show them “something special” and set up a private viewing of the DVD. Play the video for the family – ideally in a DVD player and not a computer. Having the DVD labeled and presented in a professional, personalized case is best. Suggest including the tribute video DVD in ALL services so family and friends can reflect and honor their loved one’s life.
5. A Gift from You- Explain that you make tribute videos as a benefit to them for working with your firm and that there is no charge for the service. Let them know that copies of the DVD are available for a small fee for friends and family to take home.
Note: Many firms provide tribute video packages to their client families.
6. Share Tribute Video at Service- During their loved one’s visitation, place the tribute video order form and display ad near the television screen to let those attending know they can purchase a copy. Family and friends will cherish these videos!
7. Distribute Tribute Videos- When you’re burning DVDs for those who requested copies, be sure to use the revolutionary Copy-Protection feature. This feature ensures that family and friends will return to your firm and establish you as the go-to person. This will also prevent any unauthorized or unlicensed use of music and video material.
8. Upload to the Web- It’s important to upload every video you create – allowing extended viewing online. Each family that you “wow” with this amazing offering becomes a potential client of tomorrow. Families who experience the wonderful services you provide are more likely to come to your firm in the future. You will also sell more copies because people will be able to view the video anytime, anywhere and will request a copy to cherish forever.