The purpose of this course is to build medical terminology and understand how to communicate with patients in English.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1) Break down medical language into elements (for example, prefix, suffix, root words)
2) Describe medical language used for each body system
3) Create own English conversation with a patient using non-technical language
4) Present to students on topics about one body system
Class activities: 15%
Online quizzes: 20%
Student lecture: 25%
The 5 units covered in this course are organised by body system:
1) Whole body
2) Digestive system (from mouth to rectum)
3) Cardiovascular/Circulatory system (heart and blood)
4) Respiratory system (nose, lungs)
5) Integumentary system (skin)
For each system, medical language related will be introduced, including body parts, diseases and medical procedures. You will be tested on the content of these units through in class activities, weekly quizzes and conversation performance in class.
In addition to these 5 units, there will be one student project. You will decide on one body system topic to investigate. You will 1) create a vocabulary list of medical language related to this topic and 2) a patient conversation related to a problem/disease/complaint related to the topic. You will present you vocabulary to classmates and perform the conversations in class.
|প্রশিক্ষণ - "তথ্য অধিকার আইন ২০০৯”|