Electronic Document Preparation and Management (EDPM) is designed to equip students with knowledge and computer-related skills required to enhance the performance of clerical and administrative tasks. EDPM will provide a holistic approach to acquisition of knowledge and the development of candidates’ decision-making and problem-solving skills. It is suited
for candidates pursuing any discipline, as the competencies and skills developed in the preparation and management of electronic documents are interdisciplinary and imperative in the world of work or in the pursuit of further studies.
EDPM is arranged in nine sections, sub-divided into specific objectives and
• Section 1 Fundamentals of Computing
• Section 2 Keyboarding Mastery
• Section 3 Introduction to Application Software
• Section 4 Use of Application Software
• Section 5 Business Document Preparation
• Section 6 Specialised Document Preparation
• Section 7 Electronic Communication
• Section 8 Document Management
• Section 9 Ethics
The syllabus replaces CSEC Typewriting and uses the computer instead of the typewriter.
Unlike the CSEC Information Technology syllabus, CSEC EDPM emphasises computer
applications related to the production, filing and retrieval of documents, skills that are
crucial in today’s office environment.