Level of Class: Intermediate English
Grade: Young Adults (Second year in an Adult School Program)
Total Number of Days: 30 Days (meeting three times a week for 10 weeks, plus presentation day).
Topic of Unit: Speech!
Overall Goal: Students will learn how to write a persuasive speech and speck in front of the class by the end of the quarter, using everything they have learned from prior lessons until then.
- Students will learn how to effectively write a persuasive speech by the end of the year.
- Students will learn how to grasp many essential critical thinking and presentation skills.
- Students will learn how to work in teams throughout the unit plan.
- Students will learn how to think analytically as well as be able to think abstract.
- Students will learn how to research.
- We will be going over each lesson in detail during class. The PowerPoints provided are the short versions of the lessons. Homework or quizzes will assigned per lesson. All of these assignment will be under tasks.
- We will be writing in the discussions during class time. Do not worry about them until we bring it up.
Final Lesson- Speech
- No actual lesson, just the rubric and a few directions.