The Riinvest Institute for Development Research is pleased to invite you to two webinars,* on the topics of ‘Public Procurement’ and ‘Corporate Governance as a Tool for Promoting Transparency.'
The webinars are being held as part of Advocacy for Open Government, an EU-funded project to encourage governments in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia to become more transparent.
Alban Hashani, a Riinvest senior researcher and lecturer on economics and entrepreneurship, will present the two webinars. The purpose of these webinars is to present and discuss the following points:
Webinar 1: Public Procurement
1. Background to public procurement system in Kosovo
2. Legal provisions and institutional set-up that ensure transparency in public procurement process in Kosovo
3. e-procurement as a way of promoting transparency in public procurement process
Webinar 2: Corporate Governance as a Tool for Promoting Transparency
1. Importance of Corporate Governance in promoting transparency in private and public sector
2. Legal and institutional set-up of establishing and enforcing sound Corporate Governance in Publicly Owned Enterprises
3. Corporate Governance as a tool of promoting democratic and accountable ways of exercising ownership right by the government.
The webinar on Public Procurement will be held on June 7th at 15:00 and the webinar on ‘Corporate Governance as a Tool for Promoting Transparency’ will be held on June 9th at 15:00.
Representatives of civil society and civil servants from Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia and Montenegro are invited to participate. We look forward to your participation.
For registration on the June 7 Public Procurement webinar please click here:
For registration on the June 10 Corporate Governance as a Tool for Promoting Transparency please click here:
*A webinar is a seminar that is transmitted over the Internet using video conferencing software.