- Learning Objectives and Outcome
This Course has the objective to engage students in activities to strengthen and expand his conversational skills in english. Through the discussion of recent themes and stories, we intend to provide opportunities of argumentation, discussion and dialogue covering several areas of knowledge such as politics, economics, history, society, environment and sustainability and many others.
As a benefit to the mentioned format of study, we are able to identify a relevant increase on the student confidence of communicating in englsih. A meaningful development and enrichment of his vocabulary as well as his argumentation skills.
As a resource to this program, we make use of a handful of herpful resources such as:
- An online newspaper writen and edited as an easy to read periodic. This material leads the student as a rodamap for the intended discussion. Read more at NEWSADEMIC
- Online Articles
- Since we live in the age of the information, we have tons of available sources of information at our fingertips. Organizing and managiung this sources is a powerful opportunity for learning. Thi9s course makes use of many online resources for re3levant articles as NEWSMAP and THEWEEK
Right now you are reading English. That means that you are using your brain in a very active way. Reading is a very active process. It is true that the writer does a lot of work, but the reader also has to work hard. When you read a text, you have to do some or all of these:
- imagine a scene in your head
- understand clearly what the writer is trying to say
- agree or disagree with the writer
Every performance, when assessed, develps.When this development is followed up and measure it develops even faster and stronger. In this methodology, the students will be assessed on the following forms: Through taks assigned and graded, the student and teacher are able to floow up the performance and progress of the course. This Taks are assigned weekly. One of the best tools to potencialize the knowledge of abstracts rules and guidelines is writing. The student will deliver a monthly compositon convering a topic previously discussed on the class. In order to provide a complete program for the students, the teacher we grade a monthly presentation. this presentation is an evaluation of phonetic, vocabulary and autonomy skills.