You need to pay for the course only once in order to get full access. We guarantee you will have access to all course content for at least 1 year from purchase date, in most cases you will have access indefinitely.
You can access course materials from a Laptop, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and virtually any device with modern Internet browser. Live tutoring is limited to PC, Mac and Linux only at the moment.
If you purchased the course and for some reasons are not satisfied with it, please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve the problem.
Price is a subject for European Value Added Tax (VAT). If you live outside of EU, you won't have to pay VAT. If you do live in EU, we will automatically calculate correct amount of VAT based on your billing country.
This Competency Assessment Course satisfies the RBT Competency Assessment requirement only.
The RBT credential requires applicants to meet minimum age and education standards (documentation required), obtain 40 hours of acceptable training, successfully complete a competency assessment, and a criminal background check (documentation required). Go to the BACB website for more info: RBT REQUIREMENTS. This course accessed by invitation only.
Once a student of this course becomes RBT certified and begins working with clients, they will be required to change their BCBA supervisor to one who is employed by the same company or is chosen by the client.
Where do I find out more about the RBT certification and all its requirements?
RBT Credential Overview: this link provides an overview of the RBT and their role in behavior-analytic services.
RBT Requirements: this links provides the list of requirements for apply for the RBT credential.
RBT Examination: the BACB has their own examination to determine the applicant's competency and this link explains how the exam is administered and what is required by the applicant to complete prior to taking the exam.
Who will teach this course and sign off on my RBT Competency Assessment?
Instructor: Sarah Haws, LMHC, BCBA
Certificate #1-08-4728 (your RBT application request for Sarah Haws, LMHC, BCBA to be your supervisor with the BACB will be accepted after this course is completed).
Who do I contact if I have questions:
Email the instructor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does this course cost?
An invoice will be provided via PayPal, and once payment is received, the RBT applicant will receive an invitation to join the course.
What if I have a question about the RBT Certification?
The RBT Applicant will be required to know what the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) requires for the RBT credential. It is not the supervisor's responsibility to provide this information to the RBT Applicant. Information on the requirements to become a RBT is located on the BACB website. Read through the requirements posted on their website for the RBT before contacting the instructor for further information. The website frequently changes their documents, forms, and links, so review the site regularly for changes to their policies and forms and let the instructor know when a link on this course is outdated. The instructor will try to keep links updated as the course develops.
What is required for me to show that I can do the tasks on the list and get signed off on the RBT Competency Assessment?
This course is a self-paced completely online course using video submission of video recorded behavioral samples using YouTube.
1) Students set up a google and a YouTube account they can upload their videos as private,
2) add email@example.com to the list of those that can view it,
3) and share the link in their assignments for this course.
What if you don't have a client right now to video?
Role-play scenarios may be be used when circumstances do not permit using clients (in-vivo) for all assignments.
The only video submission that a client is required is when the student demonstrates that they can work Invivo is the Natural Environment Teaching. The best way to submit video this assignment is to use a child so that they can direct the session to demonstrated that the RBT applicant can "think on their feet" in capturing learning opportunities.
How long do I have to complete this course?
Though this is a self-paced course, it must be completed within 60 days of the purchase date. This will allow the RBT applicant time to get in all of their information to the BACB to apply for the RBT Exam within the 180-day requirement.
What will you receive after you have completed this course?
You will receive a certificate of completion and a signed copy of the RBT Competency Assessment that can be submitted to the BACB when you register for the RBT certification. The BACB lists the requirement for the RBT credential on their website so review it carefully so that you know what is expected.
What do I need to have or do before starting this course?
1) The student must have completed the a 40-hour RBT Training Course and provide a certificate of completion to the instructor as one of the assignments in this course or have completed Child Enrichment Center's 40-hour RBT Training Course hosted by Eliademy.
2) The student must be enrolled in course and has completed at least three quizzes with 80% accuracy.
3) Students may NOT select Sarah Haws, LMHC, BCBA as their supervisor until after passing and completing this course and receiving a certificate of completion as well as a signed copy of the Competency Assessment to be submitted to the BACB.
4) Have access to a digital video recorder on your phone or computer to easily upload their SHORT video presentation of themselves and another person including a client as long as their confidentiality is respected (no face or personal identification information).
5) Able to take SHORT video clips of themselves, completing with a client or role playing with another person, the tasks from listed on the RBT Competency Assessment form.
6) Successfully upload video clips to YouTube and copy and paste the link to the comment section of the assignments.
What else do I need to know before I start the course?
1) Read thoroughly and download and print your copy of the RBT Competency Assessment Requirements. You will be tested on this information.
2) The guidelines for the RBT Competency Assessment is outlined on the first page.
3) You must be able to video yourself implementing several of the tasks listed in the Competency Assessment form. Each "Task" in this course will require a short video submission no greater then 10 MB of the applicant implementing the specific RBT task that will be explained in this course. The instructor will review each video file and grade according the guidelines specified in the assignment.
4) If you need help, submit your question to the Discussion board or email the instructor. The instructor is not responsible for technical difficulties. This is a self-paced course so there are no deadlines therefore the student has plenty of time to work out technical issues (taking videos and uploading video files) on their own.
4) This course is in English, therefore students will be required to demonstrate proficiently the RBT tasks via video file in English. The student will be responsible to make sure all video submissions have a clear picture, the face of the student is visible, speech is intelligible, and that the audio has appropriate volume. The instructor will not accept video submissions that do not have a quality picture and/or are not understandable.
5) You will need to be able to prove via legal documents that you are 18 years or older (e.g. drivers license).
6) You will need to obtain a copy of a cleared criminal background check equal to one provided to those who work in human services in your city and state.
What are the tasks I will be completing in this course?
There are two types of tasks listed in this course for each topic from the RBT Task list/Competency Assessment.
1) Video Recorded Behavioral Samples - uploaded to YouTube and the link to the video copied and pasted into the comment section section of the task and at times an additional document to be completed and submitted with the video file link (e.g., corresponding data sheet with the procedure demonstrated in the video sample).
2) Assignment - a response submitted via a completed document or response to an essay question the instructor will review to make sure the student understand the concept and can complete forms, data, graphing tasks required for RBTs in the field of behavior analysis.
Refresher ABA training videos will be provided for each topic so you will know what I am looking for in your video submissions and the steps I want to see that you can follow for the assignments you will submit.
Behavior Reduction/Crisis Intervention
(e.g., environmental arrangement, blocking aggression and teaching replacement communication). Less than 5-mins.
Document the crisis situation including all of the information outlined in the task instructions. Submit with the Behavior Reduction/Crisis Intervention task.
Duration Data Collection - Less than 3 mins.
Partial Interval Recording assignment (watch a video of a behavior and collect data on it)
Frequency Data Collection - Less than 3 mins.
Enter Data into an Excel Graph
(a completed data sheet and graph template will be provided)
Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)
3 occurrences of the behavior (short!)
Document the FBA data on the ABC Data form and submit it with the video link in the FBA Video Submission Task.
(3 presentation trial no longer than 2 minutes)
Preference Assessment data sheet (should be completed while doing the preference assessment with the client and submitted with the Preference Assessment Video Submission Task)
Natural Environment Teaching Less than 5-mins.
(need a client or child to show you can do work invivo (unplanned).
Task Analysis Data Sheet – (choose a self-care task and write down the steps in a task analysis data sheet – no data required just the steps)
Positive Conditioned Reinforcement (tokens, money, points ,praise..etc. on a variable or continuous ratio)
Discrete Trial Teaching - Less than 5-mins.
I don’t want to look for several minutes through a video to find what I am looking for to assess. Be brief with the videos…I only need to see a few trials or occurrences of the target skill to make an assessment.
The instructor will grade student tasks/assignment and video samples Monday - Friday 7-9pm Pacific Standard Time (PST).
The instructor will only grade by topic, there for all of the Tasks need to be completed for a topic before the instructor will grade those Tasks.
BACB Professional & Ethical Compliance Code by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
RBT Task List by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
RBT Competency Assessment by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
One of the RBT Competency Assessment tasks to be assessed is the RBT or applicant's ability to respond well to feedback provided by the BCBA Supervisor, #12. This will be assessed throughout this course for every task and all correspondence between the supervisor and RBT or applicant. If this is your first credential or certification, know that it requires persistence and patience and the it is the slow and steady that win the race. It is rare for any credentialing process to be speedy and for everything to work out perfectly. Take each task step-by-step and gain experience in how state and boards process applications.
After reading through all of the material listed in this overview. Take our online quiz to find out if you are ready to start our RBT Competency Assessment Course.