The purpose of this class is to provide a survey course in science with an emphasis on scientific methodology, geology and human anatomy. This course is offered along with Apologia Physical Science as a 2-year survey course in the physical sciences
· writing instrument (preferably pencils)
· 3-ring binder (about 2”), pockets a plus
· a scientific calculator or calculator app on a smart phone. (just for Module 4)
· All other materials, such as labs, summaries, or tests will be copied for the student by me and 3-hole punched so that they can keep it in their binder.
· Lab materials are paid for by your semester lab fees and will be provided as the student needs them.
· Please encourage your student to be in class on time. We have many Power Point summaries and labs that take a full class period, so I would not want them to miss out on a single minute of it!
· There are 16 modules in this book, so modules 1 and 5 will take 1 week to accomplish and I will be omitting Module 8 to fit the course within the 28-week time frame. In the event of bad weather, I will email necessary materials for your child to complete at home.
· All reading assignments are to be done at home. The chapters are fairly long, so an average of 4-5 pages per day for 8 days should be sufficient. I will be including a Lesson Summary each time so that the student can review important terms and concepts.
· I will be sending home 1 homework assignment per week. This will take the form of a study guide designed to help the student review what he/she has learned that week. This will be due the following week at the beginning of class time.
· There will be a test every other week on the lesson completed. Have your child go over their lesson summary before taking the test. All class materials should be put away before taking the test.
· The student will have a lab to do every week. A few are take-home labs that they can do using their textbook while others are done during class time. The student is expected to complete the labs and return them the following week. Study guides, labs, and tests will be graded and recorded so as to provide semester and final grades for the course.
· In the event of illness or absence, the student will not be required to make up a lab; however, they are required to make up study guides and tests.
|প্রশিক্ষণ - "তথ্য অধিকার আইন ২০০৯”|