ALO Finland Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) introduces Innovative Pedagogy and EdTech in Finland. The emphasis is on the practical approach and solutions that can be repeated, benchmarked and further developed worldwide. Teachers can learn from the best practices in Finnish schools via videos, text and photos.
The digital teacher training course provides an insight into Finnish schools and offers an opportunity to visit primary schools in Finland online.
Finnish Education 2.0 brings great academic results, whilst cultivating curiosity, creativity and future innovators. End result of an excellent education is academically strong, happy and healthy children, who become well informed and more sustainable global citizens than previous generations.
Finnish students score well in international tests such as Timms, Pirls and PISA. The differences between the weakest and strongest students are the smallest in the world, according to the recent survey by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). There are no school inspectors or standardized testing in Finland, apart from A-levels in high-school. And yet, the differences between schools are very small and a Finnish child is getting the same quality education in different schools.
Finnish teachers hold a Master's degree and are trained to continuously develop their profession. Teachers are the ones who put the new national curriculum in Finland (2016) into practice. Future focused research, curriculum implementation and its further development are part of their work. Teachers are the key in providing excellence and equity into education.
The purpose of the ALO Finland MOOC is more than just content delivery and theory. It aims to enhance collaboration between learners and encourage creative experiments in different schools and classrooms. MOOCs at their best become global learners communities with plenty of interaction and collaboration; sharing good ideas, thoughts and also failures, developing good practices further together.
1. Introduction to online environment and authentic learning.
2. Finnish education- innovative pedagogy and holistic approach
3. Curriculum and Phenomenal learning . The new national curriculum (2016) introduces multi-disciplinary, phenomenal learning.
4. Broad-based competences: ICT, entrepreneurship, life skills, multi-literacy, active participation, cultural competence, self-expression and interaction, thinking and learning to learn skills.
1. Learn about interesting and innovative practical experiments and pedagogy in Finnish preschools and primary education.
2. Learn what phenomenal, multi-disciplinary and 21st century competences.
2. Learn to share, benchmark, learn from other teachers innovations in learning and teaching and collaborate in MOOC learners community.
A free online certificate is provided after successful completion of the course. It is an online version, which can be easily linked to your LinkedIn profile.
Also a printed certificate can be ordered via Eliademy.
ALO Finland wishes to use students' tasks and discussions for further development, research and other purposes to promote effective global learning online and improve education in Finland and abroad.
Licences to Learn:
|প্রশিক্ষণ - "তথ্য অধিকার আইন ২০০৯”|