The Course objective:
This course aims to provide students with a strong understanding of regional and international tourism business functions, demand modelling and service specifics. Students will acquire personal and business communications skills as well as managerial competences and creativity required in assessing and planning the implementation of a new tourism service or product, carrying out market research, planning and organizing business enterprise activities, developing business and other activities where effective decision making is required.
Acquired competencies and course outcome
By the end of the course students will be able:
- to analyze tourism business environment, manage organizational processes and quickly react to the changing market environment
- to plan and organize long-term and short-term tourism service provision and other corporate processes on both the national and international market
- to identify new opportunities emerging on the national and international tourism markets, assess target markets and their potential, adapt new products and services and develop new ones.
- to identify principles and central components of tourism management and select tools and processes appropriate to successful completion
- to recognize different components of strategic planning and to use acquired knowledge in the implementation of tourism company strategy and development of effective strategic leadership.
- to demonstrate analytical and critical thinking as well as communication skills.
The course include the following 5 course module
Module 1: Strategic planning in the tourism industry
Module 2: Service and operation management in tourism business
Module 3: Project management in tourism business 1
Module 4: Project management in tourism business 2
Modul2 5: Human Resource management in tourism business
Quick Start-up Guide
FOCUS project consortium