Architectural development of individual skills on Building Utilities, emphasis on the awareness and designing for a context outside one’s own and the use of the principles in Building Utilities for exploration and precedent study done both individually and in teams.
This is a 3 hours lecture course and is divided into 3 meetings every week. Building Utilities discusses design solutions on the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Sanitary and intelligent building systems related to architecture. Topics are presented to the students through e-lecture, student reporting and virtual classroom discussions. E-lectures and reports are delivered, presented, through multi-media presentation for further and easy understanding of the subject matter. Follow-up assignments, projects and esquisse are given to reinforce learning. Students are required to have a minimum of 50 sheets 9”x12” Sketch Pad Handbook where they can take notes and do drawings. Objective quizzes are given at least twice a week and midterm and final examinations are given as scheduled by the instructor.
At the end of the e-course, the students should be able to:
1. Approach a contextual point of view
2. Self-equip knowledge on the Philippine’s climatic, historic, social and regulatory contexts
3. Display enhanced theoretical methods and skills
4. More effectively express ideas both individually and as part of a team
5. Learn the principles of building systems in architecture
6. Provide good citizenship through cooperating actively towards practical work in the university
7. Appreciate time management through submittal deadlines
8. Develop work ethics, critical thinking, and inclination to research, to innovate & to improvise