Purpose of the course
- To Get Introduced to the Latest Mobile Application Development Trends
- To Identify the Prospects and Features of Android Platform compare to others (iPhone, BlackBerry, Symbian etc.)
- To Get Hands-on Experience and Expertise to Develop Android Applications.
- To Create and Deploy Applications/Software for Users or Business Clients.
- To Learn the Most Rapidly Growing Mobile/Smartphone and Tablet- based Software Development Platform.
- To get Basic Idea and to Prepare ourselves about How to Adopt Upcoming Mobile Technologies (in the emerging field of Android)
- And Definitely to start a career as a Mobile Application Developer.
General Course Outline
- Introduction to Android and Mobile Devices
- Setting up Development Environment
- Application Architecture and Lifecycle
- Java Language Basics and Syntax
- Object Oriented Programming in Java
- Vertical and Horizontal Libraries in Java
- Object Oriented Principles and Practice
- Building Android Applications
- Android User Interface
- Common Controls
- Android Application Components: Activity, BroadcastListener, Service, Content Provider
- Data Storage and Relational Database: SQLite
- Maps, Geocoding and Location Based Services
- Communication with Internet
- RESTful Web Services
- Working with Multimedia
- Basic Game Development Concepts
- Performance Tuning
- Some More about Object Oriented Programming
- Debugging, Testing & Deploying Android Applications (with Digital Signature)
- We’ll need at least basic understanding of how to program in Java/C#. Android programming is done using Java syntax, plus a class library that resembles a subset of the Java SE library (plus Android-specific extensions).
- We’ll need some basic OOP concept.
Please enrol to see all lectures, tasks and discussions.