COMPASS provides the capability to reserve multiple hotel rooms for one related group. Many organizations send multiple individuals to a single meeting. A group reservation in COMPASS would be comprised of these individuals, which we refer to as group members.
When an agent receives a request for two or more rooms, the agent would utilize the Group functionality to reserve the rooms. The individual reserving the rooms is often referred to as the group manager. The group manager can control many aspects of the reservations after an agent initially establishes the group, by accessing the records through the confirmation and logging into the external system. It is important to note that the group manager could have also reserved rooms through the website themselves, without any assistance.
There is a great deal of power behind the group functionality of COMPASS.
• A group manager can assign multiple payment methods across the group members. Each individual could have their own credit card applied for their reservation.
• Each group member can have unique personal information maintained or may utilize the group information.
• The arrival and departure patterns of each group member can vary.
• A group member can modify their individual record and reserve additional room nights outside of the group control.
• A group confirmation can be sent to the group manager. And if individual emails are provided, the individual group members can also receive their own confirmation.
• Group Roster Group manager can reserve rooms through an agent or online themselves, log into the external system, download a Group Roster, make Name, Email, Credit Card, Share with, Requests changes. Then Save and upload the new list back through that same portal.
Many other housing software providers claim to have group functionality but none compare to the power and flexibility of COMPASS. Review below how an agent can utilize this power.